- To develop consensus of particle therapy in thoracic cancer including lung, thymoma, lymphoma etc.
- To create guidelines for implementing pencil beam scanning in moving thoracic targets
- To initiate research collaborations among the institutions
- To provide educational programs, including QA procedures for particle therapy centers for treating thoracic maglinancy
- Consensus Guidelines for Implementing Pencil-Beam Scanning Proton Therapy for Thoracic Malignancies on Behalf of the PTCOG Thoracic and Lymphoma Subcommittee;
Chang JY, Zhang X, Knopf A, Li H, Mori S, Dong L, Lu HM, Liu W, Badiyan SN, Both S, Meijers A, Lin L, Flampouri S, Li Z, Umegaki K, Simone CB 2nd, Zhu XR.
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017 Sep 1;99(1):41-50. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2017.05.014. Epub 2017 May 19.
- Consensus Statement on Proton Therapy in Early-Stage and Locally Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.
Chang JY, Jabbour SK, De Ruysscher D, Schild SE, Simone CB 2nd, Rengan R, Feigenberg S, Khan AJ, Choi NC, Bradley JD, Zhu XR, Lomax AJ, Hoppe BS;
International Particle Therapy Co-operative Group Thoracic Subcommittee.
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 May 1;95(1):505-16. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2016.01.036. Epub 2016 Jan 23. Review.